When I was considering moving to Malaysia one of the things I tried to find were blogs and forums to learn from others what experiences they were having. And living in Johor Bahru now I still seek such information. I have a directory of Malaysian blogs and forums with quite a few good sources of information.
Some of my favorites are:
- A Singaporean’s guide to Living In JB (very active forum, majority of participants are Singaporeans. But participants include Malaysians and expats from near, and far.
- MM2H Forum – focus on visas (Make Malaysia My 2nd Home etc.) but also discuss living in Malaysia (Penang is by far the most represented here)
- Miao & WafuPafu (great web comic)
- Johor Kaki “find dining” in Johor
- Johor Bahru Real Estate (my site)
Hopefully you will find some of the many wonderful blogs interesting and useful.
This is an interesting documentary on recent USA graduates teaching English in Malaysia; via the Fulbright Malaysia blog.