Johor Bahru is right next to Singapore on the Southern tip of Peninsular Malaysia. Many working in Singapore live in Johor Bahru for the substantially cheaper rents and costs. Malaysia has create the Iskandar Development Region to focus on creating economic success in Southern Johor.
Singapore and Malaysia have been moving to encourage cooperation on projects that cross the border. The 2nd link added additional capacity for car, truck, motor bikes and buses and they are now working to add MRT (Mass Rapid Transit trains) link between Johor Bahru and Sinapore.
Here are some resources I have found online for those interested in considering a move to Johor Bahru:
- Where should I live in Johor? – nice overview of eight districts in Johor. Johor Bahru (JB) is the capital of Johor and located right over the water from Singapore.
- Rentals in Johor Bahru from iProperty
- Rental condos in Johor Bahru from think property
- Housing for rent in Johor from propnet
Blogs about Johor Bahru
- limsimi.com – provides updated news on Johor Bahru – nice food recommendations, new hotels and interesting activities
- Have your say – by UK expat living in Johor Bahru
- Malaysia by Malaysian
- Super 325
Sites useful for moving to Malaysia